Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday/Pets

Good morning. It's day three of my blog party. Since Google is still goofy, I'll be taking names here and on Facebook for the rest of the week. We've given away 3 sets of books and will continue all week!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/cherylannsmithauthor

I thought I'd blog about my crazy cat today. I know it isn't book related but he is worth mentioning. The little hairball loves to rip up toilet paper rolls, kill rolled up socks, and put his toys in his water bowl. He chews on the dog and chases our other cat. He should get a mention in my book acknowledgements as he spends half of my life sitting on my lap while I write. It can make typing difficult! We are building an addition onto our house. When the wall was broken out, we had several days of a mice invasion. Thankfully, he turned out to be an excellent mouse catcher. The other cat just watched the action!

Do you have pets with odd quirks, or a story about something crazy or fun your pet has done? I'd love to hear about it!

10 comments:

  1. i don't have pet cheryl, but i love dog, adorable pet. for cat, i love it too but i don't like their fur and sometimes they are very bad, likes to steal a food T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Our dog will eat off the table if food is left near the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat refuses to sit with me when I want her to but it never fails that when I sit down with a book, there she is, front and center sitting on my book purring away, lol. She also likes to sit on my lap while I am on the computer...it really does make it hard to type! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our cat loves to play fetch! my husband throws her a toy mouse or some other toy and she chases it and brings it back! It is a cute trick! We are missing her right now as we are not home!

    Blog seems to be working today with Google Chrome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, our cat is the same way. He wants attention only when he wants it, not when we do!

    Genny, fetch cats are so cute!

    Thanks for posting! Your names are in then hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the winner of books today is...Ann Bonvallet!

    email your address to:

    writercherylannsmith@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pets are all a little crazy. When I was a teenager, I had a cat that would growl at the neighbors. He would actually get into their apartment and growl at them. I don't know how many times I had to get him.
    My most unique pet was a raccoon, that I had because her mother got killed. I raised her until she was grown and found a rescue place that had a very large enclosure to take her, so she would be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have no pets due to allergies although I have always wanted one. Hopefully one day when I have the space I'll adopt a dog. For now I'll have to settle for adoring them from afar and in books. I love pets in stories, they can really brighten a story up especially if they are more than props.

    I do have a funny (well it's funny now) story about encountering my guy friend's cat for the first time. First of all the cat HATED me! No he wasn't a snob and indifferent, he snarled and hissed at me everytime I came near. Of course my friend though it was funny and put the cat near my face and he bit me on the nose. Ouch, it was a small nick but the thought was noted. Mean cat :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a poodle named Bear. He is the sweetest dog. We recently went to a family reunion. When we got back, the dog had jumped on a table by the window and was sitting on the window seat. He knocked off everything that was on the table. He also broke a glass. When we aren't home, he waits for us in the window seat so he can watch us pull in the driveway. He usually sits by my feet everyday.

    amysmith98@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My only dog, Sandy, was my buddy from 2nd grade until the day I left for college and found him dead at the foot of my bed. I was devastated!

    johnslake at usa dot com

    ReplyDelete