Monday, June 18, 2012

Summertime

I don't know what it is about summer. My creative energy always takes a pass. Is it the heat? The fact that the kids are home? Laziness? Who knows? I do work, it's just harder to drag myself into the chair. Am I the only person who feels that way?

Not everything falls aside during the summer months. There are camping trips, swims in the pool, BBQ's on the grill. It's the time when I force myself to bump up the exercise, eat less comfort foods, and enjoy more fruits and veggies. Does it help? My hips don't think so, but I do feel more energetic. 

On thing that never loses energy is our cat. Currently he's playing with a toy mouse on the floor behind my chair. He's shoved it under the trash bag I'm using to clear off my desk and is having a grand old time recovering the toy. In a minute, I'll toss it across the room and he'll chase it. Then, as he is a fetch cat, he'll bring it back and we'll play that way for several minutes, until he gets bored and moves onto something else.

I hope he doesn't get bored too soon. Then I'll have to get back to work.  

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, its so hot, thats the problem. I hate humidity. Hate it. My cat loves to play fetch too, lol. She also loves to bring me her mice and drop them off at my feet with a weird meow...like she caught them or something. good thing they are purple and fake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate humidity, too!

    When we were building our house addition, we had mice. Real mice. The cat was happy. He was the only one! Thankfully, the problem was solved. Now he just chases bugs around.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete