Friday, June 29, 2012

Hot! Hot!

It's been a scorcher this week here in Michigan! No amount of watering is saving my flowers. When those little plant sticks say 'full sun' I don't think they had this in mind. The heat reminds me of when I lived in Arizona as a kid. If course, I was not such a wimp about hot weather then!

I'm currently working on my 5th book in the School for Brides series. I can't believe it's only been a little over a year since The School for Brides came out. I also sent out a novella series idea to my agent is week. It's a bit steamier than my Bride's books, with a scandalous setting, but not too crazy. Hopefully, she'll like it. If not, I'll try again until something sticks!

Tip: To get in (or stay in) the publishing game, you need to keep going forward. Keep pitching new ideas, keep up with the market, never lose sight of the prize. And when you take a battering, mope, cry, eat chocolate, and then jump into the next project. Tough skin is required in this business!  

No comments:

Post a Comment